Sunday 23 April 2017

Semester 2- Week 4: Life Model, Animals, Birds...

This week again focused on a theme, this week was using taxidermy birds and animals as props around Mel. the first half of this lecture was really fun, as one of my favourite things to do is draw wildlife. I found however that during that this i found that i was struggling with my composition, and certain images got cropped out. I found this odd as the previous week i found composition one of my strong piece.



Despite the composition being skew, i feel that this is my favourite piece from the day, i think its really interesting to see Mel in the piece multiple times, with the animals surrounding her. 



Once the warm up pieces was done we Created tableaux using textured paper, cutting out drawings to create interesting compositions, while the technique was interesting i just couldnt get the hang of this piece and didnt really enjoy it. However i learnt about distorting size to create interesting compositions. I struggled to create lots of different textures and styles, and i feel that the narrative of the piece is lacking. I also need to improve my cutting technique, as i feel that i am somewhat heavy handed and this caused some unwanted hard edges. Despite all of this, i was happy with my combination of creating the boxes over the top of the cut outs, to create a 3D glassy feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment