Sunday 23 April 2017

SEMESTER 2 - Week 3 Homework: Spooky Drawing task

For this weeks homework task we had to continue on from the theme of the drawing lecture. I took 4 somewhat boring locations, and with the use of black and white (charcoal) tried to create a spooky atmosphere. I had a lot of fun with this brief and believe that the outcomes were successful,
 This is probably my least favourite of the 4 drawings, while the image takes your eyes on a path, apart fom that the drawing is a little lacklustre and somewhat messy, in later drawings i tried to make the drawings a little more neat.
 From my least favourite to my favourite of my pieces, i did this one outside my flat i was very happy with the perspective of this drawing as thats something i usually struggle with, some of the areas blended a bit too much into one another in areas, so thats something i need to work on in the future.
 For this one i drew outside of the student union, I'm my first 3 pieces i chose areas with a spotlight, this one i feel as those the values aren't harsh enough to create a spooky atmosphere, something that the other two do much better. however i am pleased with the precision.
In this final piece i moved away from the spotlights and went for  a contrast, I like how this one focuses more of hard shadows than a single source light.

No comments:

Post a Comment